Requires OS X 10.11 or earlier
Optional: Install Autodesk Maya 2015
Autodesk software is free for academics.
- Create an academic account at http://www.autodesk.com/education/. After you activate your account by clicking on the link in the email, fill in your preferences.
- Download the free version of Maya 2015 for your operating system from here.
- Install Maya 2015. In previous years we found it was necessary uncheck the option to install "Direct Connect", otherwise the installation may fail.
- Run Maya 2015 at least once before installing cadnano. This will create the required configuration files that the cadnano installer will need.
- Download cadnano 2.2beta from here. (34MB)
- Run the cadnano.pkg file and follow the instructions in the installer.
- Run Autodesk Maya and click on the cadnano button on the top right of the Maya interface.