Cadnano 2 is a complete rewrite of the software. Our main objectives for the release were to establish the new architecture, simplify the overall worklow and provide a more functional 3D view that will allow a 3D-centered design in future releases.
Convenience 2D Enhancements
- Unified interface for square-lattice and honeycomb-lattice parts. The new workflow is to open a document and then click the "Honeycomb" or "Square" button on the top toolbar to create a new part for editing.
- Stored user preferences.
- Scroll to zoom (e.g. via mousewheel). Command+mouse-drag to pan.
- Pencil tool: Left-click to create or destroy staple or scaffold. Right-click to create a forced crossover.
- DNA sequences are displayed live in the interface.
- Export button: creates a staple csv file, replacing the old sequence tool copy-to-clipboard dialog.
- Frame button: zoom-to-fit of path view.
- Loop is renamed to Insert. Its size can be edited in place via its numeric label.
- Multiple helices can be reordered by selecting the helix labels (leftmost orange circle) and dragging the group.
- Delete-Last button removed. To delete a helix, selecting its label and press delete.
- Interface embedded as a plug-in for Autodesk Maya.
- Display both scaffold and staple strands.
- Display modification positions. Click will select the position in 2D path view.