Leveraging the 3D Visualization power of Autodesk Maya, cadnano provides a realistic and responsive 3D view
cadnano simplifies and enhances the process of designing three-dimensional DNA origami nanostructures. Through its user-friendly 2D and 3D interfaces it accelerates the creation of arbitrary designs. The embedded rules within cadnano paired with the finite element analysis performed by cando, provide relative certainty of the stability of the structures.
- Platform independent (tested in Windows, OSX and Linux)
- Visual cues aid design process for stable structures
- 3D interface powered by Autodesk Maya*
- Open architecture for plug-in creation
- Free and open source (MIT license)